Monday, April 18, 2011

Jacinta's Bike Ride for HIV-AIDS

Welcome to my Personal Page



Aaaaah, good feeling to have made it up that Hill - HCR 2010




Thank you so much for visiting my Hill Country Ride for AIDS page.

This will be my third year participating in the ride and although I'm no longer based in Austin, I couldn't not participate. It was in Austin almost four years ago, that a dear friend of mind, DJ Scot Free left us all at the hands of HIV/AIDS. In the time leading up to his death, my eyes were opened to the gruelling suffering he endured. This is the reality for THOUSANDS of people every day and every night and the thing that breaks my heart is that it's sensless when so much more can be done.

I'm in training to ride the 53 mile course, but that will mean nothing without your help. I ask you to please find it in your heart to join me, whether you sponsor me $1 or $1000, your flow of kindness will absolutely make a difference in the lives of so many. I truly believe that until everyone on this planet cares for the wellbeing of everyone else, humanity cannot truly prosper ... we are all brothers and sisters and standing up and assisting eachother is an act of love that flows well beyond the minute it takes to make a donation.

In past years, I've received wonderful support from many caring people across the globe and I ask you to please join us again or jump on board if you've not yet done so. It truly warms the soul to give in knowing that you have united with others to dramatically improve the daily lives of so many who are often forgotten and more and more often, lives are being saved.

As in past years, my label Chunky Music will give everyone who donates to my ride a song. In December, Can't Keep It A Secret won first place in the USA Songwriting Competition 2010 (Dance/Electronica category), and since this release resonated with so many folks becoming the unofficial Pride Anthem for many, we would like to give all our sponsors a copy of the Dark Hours mix.

Please ride with me on April 30. Together we will make a big difference!!!




Can't Keep It A Secret



Life can be so surprising
It can leave you sad or smiling
Shout it out, let it out

It never comes tomorrow
Don’t try to hide your sorrow
Shout it out, let it out

Cause you’re gonna feel something
It might as well be a feeling that’ll set you free
Can’t keep it a secret
Come release it to me
Shout it out, let it out,
It will set you free

Don’t hold it all inside you
Even if you makes you cry too
All night long, it will make you strong

And if sometime I hurt you,
It’s your decision
Will you let it go?
Will you let me know?

Cause you’re gonna feel something
It might as well be a feeling that’ll set you free
Can’t keep it a secret
Come release it to me
Shout it out, let it out,
It will set you free

(Jacinta Brondgeest, Tony Moran, Warren Rigg)

No comments:

Post a Comment