Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Jay Leno Rips YouTube Video Then NBC Claims Rights to It


Jay Leno Rips YouTube Video Then NBC Claims Rights to It

by NALTS on MAY 30, 2012
NBC/Universal used, without permission, a YouTube video by an indie comedy duo Brian Kamerer and Travis Irvine. The Jay Leno Show – then had the video taken down with a copyright claim. Despite growing internet outcry, both media giant and talk show host have not said or done anything to address the injustice.
Almost every major network has used my YouTube videos, and only twice with permission and consent (MTV even paid me a paltry amount). Usually I’m not aware the clip was used unless a viewer happens to see it.
Is that fair? Who cares. I’m happy to have my videos on TV. But if they tried to make a claim on my content I’d complain profusely.

No comments:

Post a Comment