Friday, February 20, 2009

Britney May Be Trying to Break Away From Daddy's Control

Britney May Be Trying to Break Away From Daddy's Control


A woman claiming to be Britney left three voice mails last month asking an attorney for help to extricate herself from her ongoing conservatorship, according to audio recordings played to E! News.

On the recordings, the woman says she wants out of the arrangement and indicates that she is at odds with dad Jamie Spears.

In the first message, left at 1:34 a.m. on Jan. 19, she says, in a hushed tone, "Hi, this is Britney Spears. I want Jon Eardley...to represent me as coappointed attorneys for my best interest and best wishes. Goodbye."

A rep for Spears could not be reached for comment, though a source close to the popster says the voice on the recordings is "absolutely not her."

Eardley was the New York-based attorney, supposedly retained by Sam Lutfi, who last year tried to have Britney's conservatorship case transferred to federal court, claiming her civil rights had been trampled on by her parents and the L.A. Superior Court system.

All of his claims were denied, with a judge ruling that, because Spears had been found unfit to hire her own counsel, Eardley had no grounds on which to work on the singer's behalf.

In the second message, left 20 minutes later, the woman, who misstates the date, says, "Hi, this is Britney Spears. It's January 18th. I just want out of this conservatorship....I'm confined, restrained, stripped of my civil rights and I demand the State of California to review this case because I feel it is meaningful. Bye."

Britney's camp obtained a restraining order against Eardley, whom her father and attorneys have accused of being in cahoots with Sam Lutfi to undermine the conservatorship, on Jan. 30. The order is also in place against Lutfi and former Spears' paramour, paparazzo Adnan Ghalib.

In the third message, dated Jan. 21 at 12:29 a.m., the woman says, "Hi, my name is Britney Spears. Um, I called you earlier. I'm calling again because I just wanted to make sure during the process of ending the conservatorship...I just want to be guaranteed that, um, everything will be fine with the process of, um, you guys taking care of everything and...things will be the same as far as...my custodial rights."

In the petition for a restraining order against Lutfi, Eardley and Ghalib, Spears' conservators alleged that the three men had been "working in concert to disrupt the conservatorship." They also attached a letter sent from Eardley to Britney a year ago informing her that "civil rights were violated" and offering his assistance.

··· THEY SAID WHAT? Get today's most commented stories now at www.eonline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment