Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My toilet is flooding the laundry room again. 2nd time in a couple weeks.

I've left messages for the manager at 11:20 pm for them to check on this clog in the laundry room first thing in the morning (7 AM) because everybody in the building is gonna take their morning showers and toilet breaks and sewage water is gonna pour out of the floor drain & flood like crazy of raw sewage. I may have to call the police or fire dept if the water is not shut off since I'm not allowed to do that even to save my own floor from flooding, although I should.
*********************************************************************
UPDATE 6 AM: Somebody else called the maintenance person at 2 am and the plumber guy was here by 5:30 am. He ran a snake thru an outside vent-hole towards the city sewer. He hit something about 50 feet in and that started the unclogging process. He continued to snake to about 125 feet just to be sure. I'm sure he doesn't know where the city sewer actually begins (because he told me so) and it is almost a certainty it is far more than 125 feet away. So we'll see how long this state of unflood exists before he's called back, he could be back in a few hours once everyone has taken their showers and flushed their toilets and washed their dishes.

Isn't this how SARS is transmitted? I've got a persistent cough I don't wanna get quarantined for.

No comments:

Post a Comment