Thursday, March 12, 2009

MySpace EDM thread of the day: Do you believe the spirit communicates through music?

Triphi wrote:
Hi,

following the new rules, I'll start this with a question.

Do you believe the spirit communicates through music among other things? Do you even believe in the spirit? If so, what sort of spirit.. the christian holy spirit, the spirit realms mentioned in the eastern religions?

I've just written a track called 'Spirit' and I invite you to listen and then answer this thread with your opinion on the subject. :)

www.myspace.com/trippytriphi
***********
Stuart wrote: I stopped by your page got my ears around "My colurful Friend" which is a top, top tune,, serioulsy, it is tight enough, if anything, i would add to it , make it a little longer it skips along fairly decently, got some interesting sounds across the entire piece, well written, arranged, and yeah thumbs up,, regarding your theory with the Spirit, absomotherfuckinlutly 100%,,i feel, i am convinced, music releases part of us which is dormant or cowed, and basically shaminic rites etc, are part of our collective history,, hopefully the thread police wont delete this but you never know,, regardless, keep belting em out..
*************
Alterna wrote: I think all art is a spiritual connection
*************
Brian Winter wrote: i think music communicates to us on a different level than standard speech/text/vision. It appeals to our deepest portion of "self". Creating art is an expression of something intangible. A need to share something that we cannot otherwise express in a conventional manner.
A strange old hippy once pulled me out of a crowd and said to me "Creation is a flowing river, and we are al tributaries to it". Its strange when wisdom is imparted at random, but its important to recognize it when it happens.
************
Alterna wrote: so he wasn't just an old hippie he was a shaman
************
disasterpastor45 wrote: My old computer's internet audio stream used to cut out when I flung my foot around or exercised my toes. But that's just more psycho-kinetic audio obstructionism than actual spirit except for my artful use of occasional lack of catatonia to induce yet another profound sonic dropout emanating from my computer system.

I've since upgraded from a USB 2.0 connection to a network cable connection and a new computer, so I'm not exposed to that as much anymore; but there were several power blackouts from the rain last night.
*************
Alterna wrote: I'm sorry I may not be following you but how does this relate to the subject of this post ?
**************
Triphi wrote: I just posted a blog on my page which describes my interpretation of the spirit. a bit deep to post here on the forum so if anyones interested check it out.

Aside from that, did anyone listen to my 'spirit' track? What if there was only one spirit and it had a recognisable sound? This is what I'm trying to get at.. and find out if people can detect it in what I've made.

My 'colourful friend' track is liked because it has hints of this energy in it.. but the 'spirit' track is the one I think has the more spiritual essense. But this could just be my perception.
*************
color farm wrote: I think people who find spiritual connections through music smoke too many drugs.
*************
triphi wrote: fair enough, this is the great thing about opinion.. we can all have our own and eat them too...

how old are you color farm? are you an atheist?
*************
color farm wrote: No, I'm not aethiest.
*************
dEFFEN wrote: are you a republican?
*************
PLP - Chicago wrote: r u A replicant?

No comments:

Post a Comment