Sunday, April 12, 2009

Canadian speaks of 60GB cap, no unlimited service anymore

link

As my fellow Canadian pointed out,I too have a 60GB cap on 10mbps service on cable and I must say it was hard to get used to after having unlimited service for years on DSL, the first month I went over by double, at least they just throttle my service to 50kbps and I had to call customer service to get it turned back up to 10mbps. No one seems to offer unlimited service anymore in Canada, which is probably why there are no streaming video rental services in Canada. I think its mostly due to the fact that cable companies want you to use their video on demand services, which of course you have to pay extra for. So all these online video, game and music content providers better get off their butts and start to put pressure on all ISP's to stop capping bandwidth or face going out of business (the content providers). The way things are headed I think we'll be going to the store to buy our games, movies and to a lesser extent music for the forseable future.

No comments:

Post a Comment