Saturday, July 23, 2011

Silly Pics Prompt Celine to Shut Down Fan Site

Silly Pics Prompt Celine to Shut Down Fan Site

Posted by Lindsay Mannering
on July 22, 2011 at 4:23 PM
celine dion

When Celine Dion comes to mind, I think of chest pounding, French Canadians, and life-changing power ballads. She's got a huge fan base and I'm proud to say that seeing her in concert in Vegas is on my bucket list. She's phenomenal. That said, I'm sad to learn that was she has in singing talent, she lacks in sense of humor. Once she and her lawyers got wind of a Tumblr that chronicled and posted funny photos of Celine, they were served with a cease and desist from the Pop Diva herself.
This could be where my love affair with the Dion comes to an end. My heart will not go on, not like this. The photos were harmless!
And it's not like they were doctored, Celine had made all those nutty faces in real life. I guess she didn't want to be reminded of them, though, which is totally lame. Lighten up, Celine! If we can't laugh at ourselves, then all humanity is lost (you can quote me on that).
The creator of the Ridiculous Pictures of Celine Dion blog left a farewell post on his site that reads:
hey y’all
céline dion found our blog, and she didn’t like it. we just got a letter from céline’s lawyers that the blog has to be shut down.
though this blog is well within the realm of ‘fair use’, i don’t have the money or time to get a lawyer to respond. the dream is over.
thanks for following and being a céline superfan
i’ll always remember u
i’ll never let go
Slow clap. It's also filed under "The Dion Effect," which I think is brilliant. The Dion Effect is ever present and reaches new limits each day -- I guess it was Tumblr's turn to feel the wrath. I wonder who's next because, well, the Internet is a huge place, and I would think there are a few more sites out there that don't put Celine in the best light ... uh oh! Don't come for me! I'm just "reporting" the facts!
I guess "that's the way it is" though, but I'm really not feeling "the power of love" coming from Celine, or her lawyers. "It's all coming back to me now" that Celine is kinda known for being a demanding diva, "but where does my heart beat now"? I'm "all by myself," I'm "alone" and "I drove all night" to try and figure out that "I'm alive" and that I'm now, officially, over Celine.
It may be hard to erase the catalog of Celine songs I've clearly saved somewhere deep in my brain, but hey, "a new day has come."

No comments:

Post a Comment