Friday, February 25, 2011

Paris Hilton proud of ‘grown up’ show

Paris Hilton proud of ‘grown up’ show

Paris Hilton says now is the “perfect” time to make a new reality show as she feels “grown-up and excited about life”.
image: Paris Hilton
The 30-year-old socialite catapulted to international fame in 2003 alongside childhood pal Nicole Richie in reality programme The Simple Life.
The show saw both girls attempting to mix with those less privileged than them, as they learned new skills and completed manual labour jobs to earn a small wage. Paris has since admitted she behaved in a rather childlike manner during the season, which is why she’s so glad to have the chance to redeem herself in new programme The World According to Paris, which will air in the US in April and follow her day-to-day adventures.
“The Simple Life was my first time doing reality TV. You start off with that character and then continue doing it. I’m kind of a shy person so it was easier to sort of hide behind that character. Now, I feel like it’s the perfect time to do a show like this,” she told the American edition of OK! magazine.
“In your 20s, you definitely have learning experiences. I wouldn’t change anything because I feel like it’s made me the person I am today. I feel grown-up and excited about life.”
Paris is eager for the public to get to know her true personality, and is looking forward to breaking down stereotypes people have of her. She says one of her best-kept secrets is that she is talented in the kitchen, and admits she’s very health-conscious.
“I love to cook and can cook pretty much anything,” she replied when asked what people would be most surprised to learn about her.
“Before, I would just eat everything and have fast food all the time. I only eat organic food now. My signature dish is lasagne.”

No comments:

Post a Comment