Saturday, June 27, 2009

Injustices in the name of child support

4justice1 wrote in the YouTube Help section today:

I am a father of two, who want to do right by my children. I want to share my personal experience. My nightmare started with a fraudulent family support order. I was imprisoned for 35 days when the DA of the County of Santa Clara California (DA hereinafter) testified that I was making $6,000 a month, while I was unemployed. That is not right and that is not fair.

I filed for bankruptcy 3/10/ 1999; the court denied the DA’s motion to enforce pre petition child support arrears that was based on fraudulent support order. Despite this order I had: not one, not two but three of my properties were foreclosed. The DA intercepted over a million dollar from the proceeds of the 3 trustees’ sale, nine years of tax refunds and emptied all my bank accounts. The DA acknowledges taking only $80,000. That is not right and that is not fair.

In 2000 my children and I were evicted from my home, 10 days after I filed for bankruptcy protection. We left with clothes on our backs and few personal items. I did not receive a penny for home owner exemption. I am homeless. I live in hotels. My credit is in the dump. I do not have a penny in my bank account. It is cleaned out by the DA. How can I do right by my children?

Since 2000, a new support order was entered by the family court. It should be $250, but the DA had my wages garnished for $850 a month. My wages are still garnished to this day, even though my children are now 20 and 19 years old.

It has been over a year since I moved to Montgomery County Maryland. But the DA refuses to transfer the case file to the Montgomery County. The DA sent a letter to the passport office to prevent me from renewing my passport. I need my passport for work related travel and for family emergency.

The DA refuses to this day to give me the total amount collected in the name of child support. I received two letters, last September 2008; one from California stating that I still owe $145,000 the other from DA of Montgomery County I also received another letter from Montgomery County that I owe less than $4,000. The numbers do not add up. That is not right and that is not fair.

I am Christian Democrat, first generation African American born the same day as Denzel Washington. I came from East Africa, educated in France with a BS in Mathematics and an MSEE. I see injustice, abuse of power and voodoo economics that should not happen in the USA. How can I do right by my Kids?

I am sure; I am not the only father to be treated like this. I hope that someone would raise awareness on this issue, because over 50% of marriages end up in divorce. It is easy to imagine that this is very damaging to the children to be subjected to this kind of injustice and abuse of power.

I hope someone would help me end this nightmare and help me get back the ten years of quality time that was robbed from my family. I hope justice will prevail after ten years of injustice. I am grateful that I am a US citizen, living in the USA where Obama is president and where the impossible is possible. I need someone to help me get resolution of all these issues.

God bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment