Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Wisconsin - Hungry Guy

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 24 - A close up view of the rotunda floor.

Sorry I didn't get this daily update posted earlier but I'm having one of those physically challenged days.  At the capitol building on Monday I went to stand up and blacked out midway through the process and collapsed in the rotunda.  Woke up (so they tell me ) about 30 seconds later to a interesting though confusing view of the Capitol's ornate stone floor.  Police were immediately on the spot and they summoned an ambulance to have me checked out by paramedics to determine my status.
It was quickly determined that I was basically okay all things considered and I then signed some paper work waiving medical attention.  A trip to the hospital was not necessary I felt plus, I don't have medical insurance to cover such a expense.
Totally embarrassing event for me though!  Besides lying flat on my back as friends, officers and fellow protesters fretted over me as tourists watched, I had let myself down.  I had figured I'd last at least 30 days before something like this happened.  Now I feel like a wimp.
In an earlier interview I stated that in a week or two I would have to start taking a electrolyte and potassium fortified supplement to maintain my health as much as possible.  After conferring with paramedics I decided to advance ingestion of the supplement to today.  The product is 'zero calorie's' so it's allowed by the terms of my hunger strike.  And it comes in a variety of artificially fruity flavors.  Did I say fruit flavors ?  I meant it tasted like chemical soup, my mistake.
Officers starting arresting some folks today for using their constitutionally granted rights of free speech.  This of course was a series of illegal arrests and citations issued but I do not blame the officers at all.  They are sworn to follow orders even if those orders are contrary to the laws of the state.  Besides what do you expect to happen with the government controlled by a group of hyped up right wing extremists with a messiah complex?
A big shout out and hello to those reading this blog in the Czech Republic, Indonesia, Bangladesh and everywhere people exist who love their freedom and rights.  Solidarity brothers and sisters !!!
I'll be back at the Capitol tomorrow to keep up the fight.  Hopefully our duly appointed courts will prevent Gov. Walker from his unethical and immoral pursuit of enforcing his ludicrous budget reform bill.
I still really, really need some legal counsel, would love it if you could help me out.  Also anyone interested in helping organize a fundraiser or if you have a band or performance group I would love to hear from you as well.  Take care everyone and keep up the good fight.

On Wisconsin!  FORWARD !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment