Thursday, March 31, 2011

Mary Perry Hudson, Katy Perry's Mom, Has Book Proposal Leaked

Mary Perry Hudson, Katy Perry's Mom, Has Book Proposal Leaked

Katy Perrys Mom
First Posted: 03/28/11 01:45 PM ET Updated: 03/28/11 11:16 PM ET


Katy Perry makes the audience rise out of their seats, but her mom wants her delivering sermons, not songs.
Mary Perry Hudson, Katy's mother, is a California preacher who sees a different career path in her daughter's future. She and Perry's father, who is also religious, raised Perry in a conservative, religious home. Now, Hudson is shopping a book about raising Perry, and the NY Post reports that excerpts have been leaked from the proposal.
Seeing Perry in concert, Hudson writes that she envisioned her daughter not as a singer, but a "Kathryn Kuhlman type of healer."
Kuhman was a famed evangelist and faith healer.
"I recognized the psalmist gift in her performance," Hudson wrote. "Yet she sang out, 'I kissed a girl, and I liked it,' while thousands joined her. One part of my heart soared... the other part broke for the thousands of hungry souls being fed something that didn't nourish their spirit, but fed their flesh."
Perry, who in 2001 released a Christian pop album under the name Katy Hudson, has spoken about her faith on numerous occasions, describing herself as a work in progress. She spoke with a number of publications in 2009, including Beliefnet.com, which reported her take on her evolution.
"And I was raised with certain ideas, like you mentioned about what the Bible does say. But I definitely am now, as an adult, and in a whole new world, in a world I didn't even know existed, I definitely have different perspectives and am very much not a poster child for anything perfect or organized or cookie cutter. I have had my own relationship and my own beliefs and I'm continually on an upward search with all of that, and I really don't know the answers nor do I like to impress them on anybody else."
The book proposal also details Perry's mom's disapproval of her cleavage-showing performance outfits, as well as her displeasure with her daughter's then-fiance (and now husband), Russell Brand.

1 comment:

  1. the problem with America is that everybody talks about our famous people because they've heard rumors and truly believe the tabloid magazines are truthful. Its an empty waste of time and energy.

    ReplyDelete