Sunday, January 25, 2009

Diagnose Cable Boxes, pt 6, Reboot weekly

Time Warner Cable - Tv Cable Service

Posted By: mikedow on 11/15/2007

Location: san diego, CA

I have had Time Warner cable for my TV for 30 yrs. All has been well until I found out that analog TV is going to be a thing of the past next year, so I decided to move up to HD wide screen TV which brought on having to get a box from TW. It took 3 boxes and a few visits from there techs to get it all working right, the 1st couple guys that came out because I called with a problem told me it must be something with my cable in the attic, like a mouse may have chewed a cable, I found that hard to believe.
They did replace a few cables that they could reach and left, I continued to have a problem, so before I called them again I went to home depot and bought a long cable and ran it threw my house and hooked it up to there outside cable before it came in my house, still had the problem which they called tiling..

I called them back to come out, they said that was a smart thing I did!! Then they finally admitted it was their problem and fixed it in a street box of theres.. I was happy it was over, well not yet, that problem was fixed, but then I decided to add a HD TV to my bedroom, this is where I find that they are all idiots!! I had gone through 4 or 5 boxes in about 6 weeks all of which would freeze up and I would have to reboot the boxes which takes maybe 15 minutes to do. The last box I have is the best I have had, I only have to reboot maybe 1 or 2 times a week, but past boxes would have to be rebooted everyday... I had 1 tech from TW that told me it is a software problem they have and they are working on it, he was going into a meeting the next day and wanted to know if he could use my name, I said for sure, I got a call from someone high up in the company and when I told him the tech told me they were working on this problem this guy said not true, they have no problems with this box..

If I only could get them to admit the problem and at least tell me when they might have it fixed this would be good for me!! There has to be many people having the same problem I am and don't know where to complain, or maybe they are all going to dish. Which is my next option although it has downfalls also. I just want what I pay for every month, which I pay a lot for! I really don't like the cable companies having a monopoly on my area, I should be able to choose my cable company.

If I could find others in my area with the same problems maybe in numbers we could shakeup time warner into doing something toward giving us our monies worth, thats all I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment