Sunday, January 25, 2009

Hard to get an outside/line technician - referral only.

Don't Mess with the Time Warner Monopoly - High-Speed Internet Service


Posted By: Shuggy on 9/5/2007

Location: Arlington, TX

Time Warner Cable is a
monopoly. They get you coming and going. They are the only high-speed cable internet company in the DFW metroplex. Since March, I have been having intermittent service. I have called, emailed, and even gone to the local office for help. I've had 8 technicians in my home. I've had 3 technicians not show up at all.
I've had one technician come in, stay 2 minutes, get a phone call and leave.

I'm ONLY a residential customer. I'm not a making them a lot of money, though $50 a month for intermittent, unreliable cable service seems like a lot to me.

The problem is OBVIOUSLY not with my computer or the wiring inside my house (they have rewired everything in here). But will they send an outside/line technician? NOOOOO. You HAVE to have an inside tech come and recommend an outside tech. And even then they send a sub-contractor and tell him the wrong thing. I had a guy show up a day late to install a box on my house. I don't need a box on my house. He said it was the third customer that day that TWC had given wrong instructions about. Also, cancel all plans for the day if you call their customer support number (972-742-5892). Email complaints also go unresolved: customercare@ndc.rr.com. It's insulting to even have that email address. "Customer Care"? Yeah, right.

I had NO trouble with Comcast Cable before the great monopoly Time Warner Cable swooped in and took them over. COME BACK COMCAST!!!

Here is their corporate address:
Glenn A. Britt
President, CEO, and Director
Time Warner Cable Company
290 Harbor Dr.
Stamford, CT 06902-7441

No comments:

Post a Comment