Sunday, January 25, 2009

The only "nice" people TW has representing them are the ones who answer the phones when you want to place an order.

Time Warner Phone Not Ready for Prime Time - Internet is SLOW - Internet and Telephone

Posted By: pkduk on 11/22/2006

Location: Houston, TX

This product has stunk from day one. There is a constant hum on the phone line. People we call say we sound "scratchy". The volume of each call varies between being barely audible to being reasonably audible. Of couse, TW says it's our phones (even though they worked just fine when we had AT&T). I was willing to live with this inconvenience until Comcast (with whom I had a very positive experience in CA for four years) takes over TW in Houston in January.
Today, however, was the straw that broke the camels back. Sorry, Comcast.

TW agreed to contact me on my cell phone when the technician arrived to fix our phones (I told them I worked two blocks down the street from where I live). When they did call me they asked if I wanted to cancel my service call. The TW rep said the technician was at the house waiting and no one was home (duh!). I was home in less than 2 minutes. The technician exhibited obvious bad attitude the minute I steped out of my car. I suspect he was mad because no one had been home when he arrived. He came in the house and proceeded to be even more rude and continued to address me with a "Hello???" tone to his questioning. He asked me questions about the phone hookup which I had no clue as to what he was talking about. He eventually left but fixed nothing, citing that the problem was with me and/or my phones and not their cable line. The internet cable is still slow and their phone service is still unacceptable but even worse, now their "customer service" sucks equally to their products.

Today I switched the phones back to AT&T. I also dumped their internet cable service. For the first time in over 5 years I'll be using a DSL line. Nothing like taking a giant step backwards in technology. AT&T probably won't be anything to write home about but at least their staff and technicians have never treated me like TW's snot nosed, "couldn't care less about you PITA customer" telephone reps and technicians.

The only "nice" people TW has representing them are the ones who answer the phones when you want to place an order. Now ain't that interesting?

No comments:

Post a Comment