Thursday, January 22, 2009

Interweb Surfing

I just opened this blog after reading thru much of a few others blogs. I don't know how much I'll do with this blog since I've been consumed by MySpace since late August 2006 and moved onto YouTube in January 2007. My YT channel says I've watched a lot of videos, just divide that number by half? I dunno, my Channel Views number was randomly reduced (to the same number as my Videos Watched number) at the same time littleloca had hers reduced (and she was pissed).

I really don't post much on YouTube for a number of reasons, haters would be high on the list. I just don't have the thick skin for it, I get quite the hate from the media already (I'm burning in effigy most everyday by the looks of some of these TV shows) without adding YouTube to the mix which then branches back out to the media.

The MySpace Forum where I still hang out, the EDM Forum, is packed with serious low-lifes, but I usually get by without getting slammed by the others, mostly they don't respond to me anymore and I end up ending the thread just because I responded. But what I do notice is newcomers to the forum will have screen names eerily similar to what I've recently posted in text, shortly thereafter, like there were MySpace bots attracted to the scent of my text there and new profiles or new posters just randomly show up out of the blue with a serious bent on getting my and everybody else's attention with their screen name or topic. I feel like Mistletoe.

Most of my internet life has been about copy & pasting, mostly because what I have to say usually doesn't amount to much credibility-wise, so go with the media-flow and copy-paste things that have some meaning to me. In the past, the media used to watch what I copied & pasted and it became a kind of informal underground round-table where actual media outlets would get germinations for their next stories or opinions. News is reality in my world, but since 2005 or so, news ain't got the credibility it used to have as far as I'm concerned. I'm used to hard-hitting social issues being confronted in the newspapers with 2-3 pages of text with the aim being politicians would pick up on this and do something. But since Bush won a second time, the media just gave up and then transformed into misinformation.

I'll tell you that a poker newsgroup I hung out in was 95% + Republican and they were the most hateful people on the planet towards themselves and especially towards any Democrats with a social agenda. The hate was tremendous. But when Bush took away their online gambling, suddenly they woke up. Nothing mattered to them about Bush, the rest of the world could go to hell in a hand basket, until the gambling went away, then they went ballistic. I'd say about 80% of them switched to anti-Bush, anti-Republicans right away, and suddenly they were political orphans.

I have been in Usenet Newsgroups since 2002 on a daily basis until my ISP cut me & millions others off in June 2008. Usenet has been around for who knows how many years and suddenly a few offending binary groups cause all 80,000 text & binary groups to be banned? Free Speech went way out the window with that one. I probably posted 15,000 times on Usenet, but I'm keeping my identity secret from this blog, and I probably can't even retrieve any of what I wrote from my internet connection anyway. I've got it all backed up somewhere though.


No comments:

Post a Comment