Sunday, January 25, 2009

Diagnose Cable Cards, especially with Supervisors, pt 7

No technical support and rudeness especially with supervisors! - Cable TV / Technical Support

Posted By: TW_Sucks on 7/20/2007

Location: West Hollywood, CA

I have Time Warner as my internet and tv provider since they took over my carrier. First, I use cablecards instead of a cable box so no matter what I call in for, instead of troubleshooting my issue, they immediately say they need to schedule someone to come out.

What's completely frustrating is that EVEN I know it's not a problem with the cards.
So either Time Warner isn't supporting its own product properly by training it's technical support people properly or its representatives are simply too lazy to take the time to listen and work.

What's even worse is tonight after I called in, knowing there is an issue with certain broadcast channels and nothing on my end... no one would listen, first person sends me to 2nd person who as described reads cablecards in my profile and listens no more... so I ask for tier 2 support.. I get a guy who sounds like he's under water and talking thru a fuzz box. I then go through the entire description again, he puts me on hold to research the issue, and when he finally gets back on the phone he says "I couldn't find anything on ..." which was completely NOT what I had described to him. At which point I asked for a supervisor stating "Look, I obviously can't hear you very well and you obviously are not hearing me well either". After that he became quite rude and gave me all kinds of grief over asking for one. Isn't it the golden rule of customer service when someone asks for a supervisor you get one.. and if you don't you get reprimanded by your managers??? so finally he went "to look for one"... 5 minutes later he comes on and says "supervisor won't come on without a reason"... outrageous. The guy probably didn't even talk to one or they are really this poorly trained. SO i INSISTED and after being on hold again for some while someone named Jessica who claims to be a floor supervisor (which as far as I know means they are not really a supervisor...

they are some floor lead)... she gave her operator number as C11.
This ugly person was the worst of the bunch. Absolutely horrid behavior to me right out of the gate. So before I can finish getting a sentence out she's talking over me and I can't get a word in edgewise to even explain the problem. Then she starts doing the same pass the buck thing with the cablecards instead of listening to whats going on which as I said is clearly a broadcast issue. So I ask her to stop talking over me and she gets rude and makes some snide remark about how I'm not listening good enough...
At which point, you know I asked for her supervisors information. She flatly refused. Is this what Time Warner is training its SUPERVISORS and reps to do?? I asked for the number or address of where to send in a complaint... again she flatly refused. Finally she hung up on me "claiming" she was going to transfer me to customer service...

This is not a one time incident. I've had numerous instances of poor to no technical support... these technical support people do know troubleshooting.. they say reboot your box and then become schedulers for on-site techs who can't fix it either or by then its already fixed because my call was one of the first calling in about a major incident that they hadn't received enough calls on. A double-edged sword, for if they are dismissing calls like this how would they ever know when a problem was occurring.

Time warner seems to have forgotten the #1 Golden Rule - the customer is always right (even when they aren't) and why? The other biggie rule - It's the customers who keep you in business.

This is by no means the first instance of absolutely downright rude behavior on the part of not just the reps but those claiming to be supervisors. It's absolutely outrageous behavior.
Something absolutely needs to be done about it.
Is anyone else up for a class action suit??


One more reason for me to call back DirecTV and go with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment