Sunday, January 25, 2009

TW Executive Support - friend of a friend...

Cannot count on them for much of anything

Posted By: newfers on 12/3/2006

Location: Athens, OH

When Time Warner cable works, it's great. But since I use Time Warner for cable, internet, and telephone service, the frequent service outages are a big problem. Currently I am using a dial up connection since RoadRunner is down. It's been down for a week, and when our tech guy showed up to fix it yesterday, he said there was nothing he could do until at least Monday! I waited a WEEK for someone to come and tell me he couldn't do anything? Sheesh!


The last time we had an outage (there's one at least every 2 weeks), I used my cell phone to call them, but could not get a real person, after an hour on hold.
I finally had to hang up to go to work, but tried later, as did my wife...each time, we could not get anybody on the phone. Finally, the next day, a neighbor found out about our problem and contacted a friend of his, who is a Time Warner executive. Surprise, surprise, suddenly our problem was fixed!

Seriously, I love this service when it works... but it's expensive and unreliable. If there were more options in my area, I'd switch in an instant.

No comments:

Post a Comment