Sunday, January 25, 2009

Who was that cable guy anyway?

Don't get service through TWC! - Returning equipment

Posted By: EPwhitey on 4/11/2007

Location: El Paso, TX

I had two internet accounts one at my place and one at my girlfriend's place. We moved in together, and I had service at my old place transferred and service at her place disconnected. Along with service being transferred I decided to have cable TV connected. At my "conveinence" the customer service agent offered to have the contractor pick up the cable modem instead of me having to bring it in.
I happen to work a quarter mile from time warner so it wasn't exactly a big deal to drive down there, none the less, I accepted their arrangement. Contractor comes picks up the modem and at the end of the month I have a charge for a full month of service. I call and they said that I never turned in the modem, I explained that I did and that the contractor even noted it on the work order. At this point they ask me to fax the work order in and I do. I call to confirm they received the fax and the girl that asked me to fax it in ends up being on break ... every single time I called. I was calling every two hours until I decided, forget it i'll just bring it in. So I took it in, the man at the counter told me I would get 36 dollars credit since the accounts are prepaid and it was early in the month when I returned it. He made a copy of the work order and I thought everything was settled. A week later I went to pay my bill and shockingly enough no credit has been added to my account. Again I call and was told that I had not turned in the cable modem. I explained to this rude customer service agent the same story that i've told to five different people at this point and she then asks me to describe the man I gave the work order to. Unhappy with my description she gets upset with me and proceeds to argue the validity of my description. I hang up and immediately browsed over to AT&T and set up service with them which includes DSL, Dish, and a phone line.

The DSL I ordered is faster than the cable internet (I ran speed comparisons) and the Dish system came with a FAR better DVR that holds a LOT more video. I have everything I did with time warner and a new phone line for less than I was paying for just internet and TV. I took in all of the time warner equipment and made them sign a release stating that I owed them no equipment or money. I will never use time warner again.



No comments:

Post a Comment