Sunday, January 25, 2009

TWC - Worst Customer Service Ever - Installation

Worst Customer Service Ever - Installation

Posted By: Tuke on 8/2/2007

Location: Encino, CA

We have had the worst experience with Time Warner customer service.

We needed to change our plan from just internet and basic cable to include also a phone service. At the same time we found their package called All the Best which we have decided to opt for. To get this installed they scheduled a guy to come in over a week from then between 1 and 4 pm, which I guess is typical? As annoying as it is to have to wait a week.
We figured fine let it go they are busy.

The date finally comes and 3 pm hits so my wife calls them to see if the guy is still coming, which they assured us he would be before 4 pm. At 4 pm we call them again and they assured us that the guy would be there shortly. Around 5:30 we call them again and they say sorry the guy can't make it we have to reschedule, give us some reimbursements etc. While we are doing all this annoyed on the phone the guy shows up finally. (Makes you wonder how much the support people on the phone know, apparently nothing they just BS you all day long to shut you up.)

Then the guy starts installing all the new services when he gets a call from his boss, apparently they have a problem with another customer so he needs to go for 30 minutes to deal with that. He leaves his equipment behind as he assures us he will be back.

1.5 hours later we decide time to call support. They tell us that the guy is not coming back and we need to reschedule etc, which this time we refuse to listen to and after about 30 minutes going back and forth on the phone with the customer support trying to get them to understand that the guy left his equipment and our current service is not even working the guy finally comes back. (Again support has no clue what is going on with the field people.)

The guy gets everything hooked up, and we check everything, seems like phone and internet are finally working properly.

However we do not have the cable package we had ordered. The technician informs us that his orders do not say anything about the new cable lineup thus there is nothing we can do and we have to call Time Warner to get it figured out.

We call customer service again, and they tell us they can schedule a technician to come two days from then between 1 and 4 pm. Which we are extremely annoyed about, but apparently there is nothing we can do about it (by now it is 9 pm) so we accept.

Two days goes by and it is 1:07 pm, my cell phone rings with "Private Number" which is what my apartment buildings down stairs front door shows up as so I answer. I hear some fumbling and then the phone hangs up. After few moments the phone rings again with "Private number" again, I answer and hear nothing again except fumbling, I figure it is the technician at the front door so I hit the key to open the front door. Just because I felt something weird might be going on I get my shoes and walk down stairs, there is nobody at the door, so I figured must have been someone else as any number that the caller ID can not fetch shows up as "Private Number". After all you would think that if the front door was giving problems the technician would call the home number on the account to see if they can get hold of someone, which is my cell phone.

An hour goes by and my wife gives me a call after she has landed from her flight and apparently the technician has left a voice mail on her cell phone stating that he was here and that he could not get hold of anyone in the apartment. After this I give a call to customer service yet again, assuming that they can just dispatch the guy back to my building the same day as it is only 2pm still well within the 4 hour time that the technician was supposed to show up. However I am given the same run around. Now I have a time for the technician to come install it tomorrow between 9 am and 7 pm (yes anytime during the day). My other alternative according to the guy is week from now because according to them "it is not their fault nobody was in the apartment when technician came by". Which baffles me as out of any number the tech should have been calling it would be the number on my cell phone not the one on my wife's and of course the front door is our fault if the technician doesn't know how to speak to the telephone headset on it as those haven't been around that long... even though he did figure out how to dial my apartment form it.

Now I already know that I will not be able to be here all day tomorrow, however I am hoping that they show up at a time when I am there. (Although I am sure that this will not be the case.)


Thanks Time Warner for the worst customer service experience of my life so far! I would not wish my worst enemy to have you as the cable provider. Now I have to go research who I can switch at least the phone and internet to, unfortunately I am not allowed to install satellite TV on my apartment building so I will be stuck with Time Warner for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment